NYC – July 2-7, 2018
The Tap Dance Freedom Intensive is designed to provide Intermediate/Advanced, Pre-professional tap dancers, and teachers a complete context from which they might explore the art of tap dance. Regardless of the dancer’s final goal – tap dance company member, master improviser, or musical theatre leading role – the intensive will provide the fundamentals necessary to allow progress in any direction they choose.
- Strength and Flexibility exercises for tap dancers.
- Fundamental techniques and vocabulary variations.
- Advanced training methodologies including how to practice and cross-training.
- Music and Rhythm theory specifically designed for tap dancers.
- Improvography (NEW for 2018!)
- Grooves and Accents (NEW for 2018!)
- Learn a brand new piece of choreography by Andrew Nemr.
Past Guest Facultyhave included Grammy award-winning percussionist Shane Shanahan, tap dance writer and historian Jane Goldberg, and award-winning storyteller Peter Aguero.
Limited to 12 spots to ensure a personalized learning environment.
All FULL WEEK participants of the NYC Intensive will receive a package valued at over $200.00.
Here’s some of what it includes:
A-I Flexibility Rope from Wharton Health
Large format Moleskine Journal
Dancetime Publications’ DVD Tap History: From Vaudeville to Film
With this package each attendee will have all the tools they need to pursue their journey in tap dance during the week and beyond.
*Actual contents may vary. Not available for Day Pass participants.
Check a sample schedule* below.
*Sample schedule displayed for example purposes only. Actual schedule may vary.