Now in Vancouver
August 26-30, 2019
Vancouver – August 26-30, 2019
The Tap Dance Freedom Intensive is designed to provide Intermediate/Advanced, Pre-professional tap dancers, and teachers a complete context from which they might explore the art of tap dance. Regardless of the dancer’s final goal – tap dance company member, jazz band improviser, or musical theatre leading role – the intensive will provide the necessary skills to allow progress in any direction the dancer chooses.
Does not include lodging, transportation, or food.
In the over 40 hours of training, topics to be covered include:
- Strength and Flexibility exercises for tap dancers.
- Fundamental techniques and vocabulary variations.
- Advanced training methodologies including how to practice and cross-training.
- Music and Rhythm theory specifically designed for tap dancers with a live musician.
- Grooves and Accents
- Learn a piece of choreography by Andrew Nemr.
Past Guest Faculty have included Grammy award-winning percussionist Shane Shanahan, tap dance writer and historian Jane Goldberg, and award-winning storyteller Peter Aguero.
Limited to 12 spots to ensure a personalized learning environment.
Check out this Live recorded Q&A with Andrew for more information.
All FULL WEEK participants of the NYC Intensive will receive a package valued at over $200.00.
Here’s some of what it includes:
- A-I Flexibility Rope from Wharton Health
- Large format Moleskine Journal
- Dancetime Publications’ DVD Tap History: From Vaudeville to Film
- Complimentary Online Coaching Session and access to Online Courses
- and more!!!!!
With this package each attendee will have all the tools they need to pursue their journey in tap dance during the week and beyond.
*Actual contents may vary.
Check this sample schedule below.
*Sample schedule displayed for example purposes only. Actual schedule may vary.